- Carotenes, from which vitamin A is synthesized, and vitamin E are the best protection for thymus cells (thymus gland). The higher their concentration, the more successfully this organ is able to fight microorganisms. The spleen also produces protective bodies and must be protected from harmful substances by antioxidants such as vitamins A and E. Provitamin A is found in carrots, spinach, rosehip berries, vitamin E is rich in vegetable oils, the World Health Organization recommends eating two tablespoons of olive oil per day. .
- Regular consumption of tomato juice increases the concentration of carotenes in all cells of the body. As for vitamin E, its deficiency in the body is easy to overcome if you take a tablespoon of vegetable oil daily – in pure form or in salads.
- Eat more citrus fruits and apples (they have vitamin C and iron).
- Also help to maintain immunity: zinc (a lot of it in unrefined grains, brewer’s yeast) and selenium (they are rich in grain bread, beef, veal, turkey, garlic).
- Use essential oils sprayed in the air to maintain local immunity in the airways. Studies have shown that essential oils improve the condition of the mucosa, moisturize it, and increase the immune response. It is important that some essential oils have antiviral and antibacterial effects. Such oils will also work as an antiseptic for air, if applied to a fabric surface or simply sprayed indoors. Evaporating, essential oils will disinfect the air.
- Daily walk at least 30-40 minutes, it takes so much time for the body to activate the cardiovascular and immune system.
Reduce the burden on the immune system
There is another side to prevention, which should be remembered. When everyone is sick around, it is important not only to strengthen the immune system, but also to reduce the number of contacts with infectious agents. The fewer bacteria and viruses enter the body, the easier it will be for the immune system to defeat them.
- Do not visit places where there are many people, if possible. Keep a distance of 1.5 m when meeting. Do not shake hands, do not kiss in greeting.
- To reduce sputum on your face, if a sick person is near you, wear a mask in public transport, a store.
- Before going outside, apply essential oils with antimicrobial and antiviral effects (peppermint, eucalyptus, cayeput, juniper, etc.) to clothes to disinfect the inhaled air.
- Wipe your hands with an antiseptic after touching the intercom, elevator buttons, doors, handrails, phone. Do not touch your face while you are out.
- Ventilate the apartment every 3-4 hours. Wipe off the dust. Humidify the air.
- Wash your hands thoroughly when coming home. Do not forget to wipe the keys, bag. If you wear glasses, they must also be washed with soap and water.